My photo
wife. mom. adjunct professor. we homeschool. i'm a little bit OCD. i love math. bright colors and geometric designs make me drool. we live with a medical rarity, and Jesus saved his life. through that, Jesus is changing us. The american dream and status quo is overrated...and sometimes just plain wrong. our lives, our family, our careers, our faith are all now filtered through a new lens-- thank you Jesus. welcome to our crazy. feel free to take some of it with you, we have plenty to go around.
It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it.
-- Lena Horne


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.-- Jesus Christ

Monday, October 26, 2009

no way, not me

Okay so today is Not Me Monday...but either I am really forgetful or I was really good this week.  I've only got a couple!  To read more, check out the ever fabulous MckMama and the many Not Me Mondays posted there.
It definitely wasn't me who was so excited to finally get to go home after NOT spending 12 nights in a row in the hospital...so excited that I definitely did NOT let Sawyer stay up late watching a movie that I did NOT pick out for myself.  It wasn't me who let him stay up and watch the entire movie with me and then stay up even later to laugh and play before we finally did NOT go to sleep close to midnight.  I also did not let him watch the same Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 3 times in a row the next morning while I continued to sleep with my head buried under the covers.
I also did not make him take a 10:30 AM nap even though he naps at 1:00...I did not not not make him lay down at 10:30 just so I could get some things done and we could get to the hospital earlier than usual.  

It also definitely was not me who gave my child's blood pressure medicine super fast the other day in the hopes that he would spit it out since I didn't think his BP was worthy of getting the med.  It wasn't me.  And it SO was not me who rejoiced when the med shot out so super fast all Ridge could do was gag and spit most of it out.  I would never ever do that.


1 comment:

Jenilee said...

being home from the hospital is a great feeling. enjoyed your post!