My photo
wife. mom. adjunct professor. we homeschool. i'm a little bit OCD. i love math. bright colors and geometric designs make me drool. we live with a medical rarity, and Jesus saved his life. through that, Jesus is changing us. The american dream and status quo is overrated...and sometimes just plain wrong. our lives, our family, our careers, our faith are all now filtered through a new lens-- thank you Jesus. welcome to our crazy. feel free to take some of it with you, we have plenty to go around.
It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it.
-- Lena Horne


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.-- Jesus Christ

Friday, October 30, 2009

quick update....

Just a quick update.  Ridge is talking up a storm, but I'm not sure how long that will last before he gets mad, so I gotta type FAST!

Okay, so our hemoglobin (okay, his hemoglobin...but it's sorta mine too, right?) has stayed at 8.6 for the last 3 blood draws.  This isn't a great number, but it is holding steady, and THAT is great.  His platelets the last 3 draws have been 91K, 75K, 101K.  I don't know if there was an error at some time or what but either way, praise the Lord! :)His O2 is still giving us a little bit of issue, but last night seemed to be better.

Last night I took Sawyer to the high school for their trick or treat event in the halls.  He got lots of candy and was the cutest 3 year old fireman ever.  He is wearing his costume to school today and hopefully to trick or treat the neighborhood tomorrow....if he doesn't get it super dirty or have any "accidents" in it at school.  I hand made it and it took a lot of silver and yellow duct tape, so I'm doubting it will wash well.  So cross your fingers that my kid stays clean today. :) pics to come of him, just not yet...the camera is at his school so his teachers can take pictures!  Anyway, it was super weird being in the high school last night.  I didn't even think about the possibility of it being weird.  But the second I hit the doors, it was just weird.  I want to be back there, with my friends and coworkers, and it was strange for a building that has felt like "home" as much as work can feel like "home" to feel so.....foreign.  We had lots of fun though, seeing some fellow teachers and some great friends, and hanging out with some of the cutest costumed kiddos ever!  Our gang consisted of a fireman, little bo peep and her lost sheep, rainbow brite, spiderman, and the cutest dr/surgeon ever!  fun times.

well...the talking has turned to griping, so I must tend to the little man.  he's going to be a chubby lion for halloween-- you won't want to miss those pictures...i promise.



No comments: