My photo
wife. mom. adjunct professor. we homeschool. i'm a little bit OCD. i love math. bright colors and geometric designs make me drool. we live with a medical rarity, and Jesus saved his life. through that, Jesus is changing us. The american dream and status quo is overrated...and sometimes just plain wrong. our lives, our family, our careers, our faith are all now filtered through a new lens-- thank you Jesus. welcome to our crazy. feel free to take some of it with you, we have plenty to go around.
It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it.
-- Lena Horne


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.-- Jesus Christ

Friday, December 25, 2009

today...it's Christmas. it sure doesn't feel like it.

Well....check your calendars, people...it's Christmas day.  Amidst the carnage of the flipping Oklahoma blizzard, it's Christmas.  I am sitting in our familiar hospital room bc Ridge is bleeding again.  They can not get an IV in him and his hemoglobin is rapidly dropping.  I am super sick to my stomach over all of it.  We can stop his meds to give him blood but then he will start bleeding worse.  I think this probably warrants a trip to the  PICU which means we won't really get to see family for Christmas.  Even when they arrive, we won't all get to hang out together. No one's said we're going to the picu but i see no way we can avoid it.  I HATE THIS.  I think this sucks.  They are sending a picu nurse over to do an EJ  -- external jugular....an iv in his jugular. THAT'S not scary to me.  This all feels so hopeless. I'm so glad we celebrated our Christmas earlier in the week.  I think this Christmas is officially the worst one ever.

I hope you enjoyed time with your family today.  I hope you were all safe on the roads if you had to travel in bad weather.  I hope you got some good gifts, I hope you gave even better ones, and I hope you know the greatest gift of all for the season...and for the whole year round.

And I hope they get an IV in my kid, he stops bleeding soon, we avoid the PICU, and we can flipping outgrow this disease like nobody's business.  I HATE ALL OF THIS.

and although I'm saying with a huge Clark Griswold attitude today...Merry Christmas

No comments: