My photo
wife. mom. adjunct professor. we homeschool. i'm a little bit OCD. i love math. bright colors and geometric designs make me drool. we live with a medical rarity, and Jesus saved his life. through that, Jesus is changing us. The american dream and status quo is overrated...and sometimes just plain wrong. our lives, our family, our careers, our faith are all now filtered through a new lens-- thank you Jesus. welcome to our crazy. feel free to take some of it with you, we have plenty to go around.
It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it.
-- Lena Horne


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.-- Jesus Christ

Monday, February 15, 2010

winner!!!

Okay three correct guesses, well two and a half...but the first correct answerer was
 
Sue Nan McGraw

That pie was, indeed, a RHUBARB pie.  I first tasted rhubarb pie when I was in Canada on a mission trip three weeks before my wedding.  mmmm...it was homegrown rhubarb and i have not perfected my pie to be as good as that pie was.  But it is officially one of mine and B-Dawg's favorites.  I've had some nasty rhubarb pies (even at restaurants famous for pie....), but mine is good. Promise.  And way super easy.  Especially if you cheat and use the store bought crust, which i did.  Of course, it isn't NEAR as good that way.  Here's why i LOVE rhubarb pie-- like our Aunt Dana's super awesome cherry pie (which my MIL can reproduce very well as well!)-- it is sweet AND tart.  When I say super awesome cherry pie by the way- this is no cherry pie with cherry pie filling peeps....this is a GOOD super awesome cherry pie.  None compares.  But my rhubarb pie has the same quality- sweet and tart. 

So anyway, Sue Nan McGraw-- good job.  If you will email me at seesawridgeproductions@yahoo.com and let me know if you want a free pair of earrings or if you want a necklace on my website momforsales.etsy.com at 15% off, I will get you taken care of! You can let me know what color of earrings you'd like, or if you just want me to pick, OR you can let me know which necklace you like and we will get all the details worked out via email (don't order from the website, bc I'm not good enough yet to figure out how to apply a discount for you that way!)  CONGRATS! 

Hope everyone had a great weekend. 

Ridger is doing awesome with the second wean on the steroids.  Keep those prayers a-coming!

and a shout out to faithful reader Grandma Duck, who got MARRIED yesterday on valentine's day!  Congrats!!!  We love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who would have ever thought that reading your blog would make me really, really hungry? You, my beautiful neice, are obviously a great cook! I enjoy the pictures of your scrumptous culinary creations, and sometimes it even inspires me to cook. (David says thanks!) On a more serious note: when I started reading the blog today, the song "Give Me Jesus" was playing, and that is one of my all-time favorites. Glad to hear that Ridge is still doing well -- we pray daily for you all, and are looking forward to having you over here to speak for our women's ministry in May. Love you. Alethea

RainOnMe said...

My mom played for the wedding and she said it was so sweet, especially with the candlelight, and that your grandma looked absolutely beautiful!

Stacy said...

I'm hungry too.