My photo
wife. mom. adjunct professor. we homeschool. i'm a little bit OCD. i love math. bright colors and geometric designs make me drool. we live with a medical rarity, and Jesus saved his life. through that, Jesus is changing us. The american dream and status quo is overrated...and sometimes just plain wrong. our lives, our family, our careers, our faith are all now filtered through a new lens-- thank you Jesus. welcome to our crazy. feel free to take some of it with you, we have plenty to go around.
It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it.
-- Lena Horne


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.-- Jesus Christ

Friday, July 16, 2010

needed that....

So, I finally got to see baby Noah today.  I got up and thought, I gotta see that baby!  It was a quick trip to Denton, two hours hanging out at the hospital, and then another quick trip back.  So six hours in the car later, I'm home.  But not for long.  Ridgey woke up with dark stools....His hgb wasn't great today, and his CRP, which marks inflammation, was WAY high again.  So here we go again. Bdawg is at the hospital with Ridge-puppy and S-puppy is here with me, and we're about to hit the road.

I am was so discouraged.  I'm over this...I hate it, and I want it to go away. Forever.  I pray and I pray, and here we are, back at the hospital.  So I got this great text from my pal Kelly over in Alabama, "When anxiety was great within me your joy brought consolation to my soul."  It is in these desperate times that people speaking scripture over you is so necessary.  So thanks to her, I got in the car with sawyer from Panera Bread in Denton, found my old school CDs and started jamming out and bawling and singing as loud as I could in the car.

Songs like:





yeah....In Jesus' Name, we press on.....dear Lord, with the prize, clear before our eyes...we find the strength, to press on....




And songs like:
http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/Good+For+Me/l9YSu


when the shadow of sorrow comes, I will fall on the only one I know is the Rock that can't be shaken...it is GOOD for me to lay it down at your feet it is GOOD for me to lay the good and BAD in your hands, My God, it's good for me to lay it down at your feet, it is gooooood for me.....


and songs like...



Deeper than my view of grace, higher than this worldly place, LONGER THAN THIS ROAD I'VE TRAVELED, wider than the gap You've filled....




Yeah. that's really all I need to say, people.

No comments: