My photo
wife. mom. adjunct professor. we homeschool. i'm a little bit OCD. i love math. bright colors and geometric designs make me drool. we live with a medical rarity, and Jesus saved his life. through that, Jesus is changing us. The american dream and status quo is overrated...and sometimes just plain wrong. our lives, our family, our careers, our faith are all now filtered through a new lens-- thank you Jesus. welcome to our crazy. feel free to take some of it with you, we have plenty to go around.
It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it.
-- Lena Horne


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.-- Jesus Christ

Sunday, January 9, 2011

sing sing sing

new photos of the boys, from Christmas, over here.  fair warning- there are new photos of my new crafts, as well.

today, we went to church, all 4 of us, and i love it when we are able to do that. ridge is getting less shy around people so it is hard to contain him, which is scary bc of illness/etc, but is fun that he is growing up.  he hasn't had a blood transfusion in three weeks and 3 days.  he can sign the words, "more" "yes" "thank you" "please" "all done" "eat" "drink"and i think that is all. of course he can shake his head no, and wave bye bye.  he still isn't really talking.  he can say mama when he wants to, and can try to repeat what we say, but doesn't really talk on his own.

anyway, at church, we sang this song today (video is also posted, I wasn't sure if you'd rather listen or read...or neither).  IF IT'S NEITHER...skip over, bc this isn't the end of this blog post!!!
How Can I Keep from Singing by Chris Tomlin
There is an endless song
Echoes in my soul
I hear the music ring

And though the storms may come
I am holding on
To the rock I cling

How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing

I will lift my eyes
In the darkest night
For I know my Savior lives

And I will walk with You
Knowing You'll see me through
And sing the songs You give

How can I keep from singing your praise? How can I ever say enough, how amazing is your love? How can I keep from shouting your name? I know i am loved by the king, and it makes my heart want to sing

I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
And the saints around the throne
how can i keep from singing your praise how can i ever say enough how amazing is your love how can i keep from shouting your name a know i am loved by the king and it makes my heart i am loved by the king and it makes my heart i am loved by the king and it makes my heart want to sing

i can sing 









So anyway...that's good stuff.  Not that I don't know that song and not that it wasn' t a great comfort during the worst of Ridge's times...but while the praise that falls from your lips is so sweet in those times of intense crazy horrible trouble like the past year and a half has brought...the times we thought Ridge could die....those times, and the unbearable times of back and forth to the hospital...anyway, of course that song was great.  Because it is true- even in the darkest of times, we knew we could praise the Lord.  He had carried us through other trials, he would carry us through this one with Ridge.  And his provision was sweet throughout all of it, and still is.  And while I think back on all of that when I sing those words, even still, it is a different sweetness to be able to sing it NOW.  It was a desperate praise when I would hear and sing that song months and months ago.  It is an overwhelming and grateful praise when I hear or sing that song now.  Praise from the same lips, the same heart, the same person, to the same God, but it is still so different.  


I had a lot on my mind that I wanted to type about and share today.  I thought of it all earlier.  I don't remember a lot of it now. 


So I will leave you with that.  And maybe I will have more time in 2011 to blog-- but always remember, no news is good news!  Lots of news could be good news too, but for sure if you aren't hearing from me here at the blog, things have to be going pretty well!


alisha

No comments: