My photo
wife. mom. adjunct professor. we homeschool. i'm a little bit OCD. i love math. bright colors and geometric designs make me drool. we live with a medical rarity, and Jesus saved his life. through that, Jesus is changing us. The american dream and status quo is overrated...and sometimes just plain wrong. our lives, our family, our careers, our faith are all now filtered through a new lens-- thank you Jesus. welcome to our crazy. feel free to take some of it with you, we have plenty to go around.
It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it.
-- Lena Horne


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.-- Jesus Christ

Saturday, September 17, 2011

zzzzzzzzzzzzz....

I'm so tired I'm practically drooling right here at the computer.

Saturday mornings start super early now that I teach a class at 8 AM....on Saturdays. I'm not complaining-- the students are fantastic, the material is easy to teach, and I get to wear jeans.  It's just early. 

This weekend, on my agenda, is a whole lot of nothing.  I hope to get caught up on some sewing, because I never am caught up on that...and to take naps...because I do that at least 3x a week now :)....and maybe to watch some movies (at home) in the maybe-it-will-be-rainy weather.  If I can keep my eyes open long enough to read, I also would love to read as much of Radical as possible...
Sunday, church and grocery shopping are the name of the game...Did you know this Sunday is national "Back to Church" Sunday? I didn't. I just learned that this week.  So...now ya know.  Unless you knew before.

You know what I think is funny about parenting?  Is how it changes you completely and you don't even see it coming. You know a baby will totally rock your world...but last night, at 8:45, I was the only one up and doing stuff in my house.  My kids were in bed, and BDawg was in there with them.  I think he was asleep, but maybe he was just resting.  :)  And it wasn't even weird.  I mean, it is weird, to be an adult and in bed (or want to be in bed!) at 8:45 PM...but it ISN'T weird in the sense that it is uncommon...bc it is NOT uncommon-when you have kids-to want to go to bed that early...if you're me, you want to go to bed even earlier!  I thought this year would bring a couple hours each afternoon to clean up the house and do some crafty stuff while the kids napped/rested.  Nope.  Like I have already mentioned...at least 3x a week, during their nap, I take a nap.  Because I'm tired.  Because chasing my favorite 5 yr old and 2 yr old around the house all day makes me tired.  Being a parent also means that while it is super fun to go out with friends or the husband, even though both occurrences are rare, it is also just as fun to have the house all to myself for an hour...whereas before kids, why would that have been fun at all?  Kids....changing the game completely.  Love those kids (no really, I do.)

I have to go to work.  What's on your weekend agenda?

No comments: