My photo
wife. mom. adjunct professor. we homeschool. i'm a little bit OCD. i love math. bright colors and geometric designs make me drool. we live with a medical rarity, and Jesus saved his life. through that, Jesus is changing us. The american dream and status quo is overrated...and sometimes just plain wrong. our lives, our family, our careers, our faith are all now filtered through a new lens-- thank you Jesus. welcome to our crazy. feel free to take some of it with you, we have plenty to go around.
It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it.
-- Lena Horne


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.-- Jesus Christ

Sunday, July 19, 2009

sometimes life is funny...sometimes it is not

So...normally I am sure I entertain you more than anyone has before with my tales of Sawyer's hilarities.  I don't even know if that's a word, but I just made it one if it isn't.  Sawyer did something really funny today and not re-tell-able b/c it will embarrass one of his parents.  I don't really have anything funny to tell today.  So I'm gonna be inspirational, or serious, or whatever you will, today.

I know we all know, on some level, that our actions and our emotions affect people around us.  You don't have to be a genius to figure that out...if I'm having a bad day, somebody's gonna take some crap for it, even if I don't mean for them to...but a lot of times, I mean for them to.  I guess it makes us feel better sometimes to take it out on other people.  It's still totally unacceptable, but it does happen.  But, if you are on the receiving end of this, it can really throw you for a loop.  This has happened to me....and while the logical response is to just be patient and understand that people are probably having a bad day...or having a lot of junk going on in their life at this time...etc. etc. etc....the emotional, FEMALE response is, "what the heck did i do?" so you beat yourself up time and time again trying to figure out where you wronged this person.  when....maybe you didn't even do anything wrong at all.  There's no point to this rambling.  Just like there's no point to why we do this...why is it even an option for someone that is NOT the object of your annoyance and frustration to receive the bad end of the deal?  I don't know.  But it happens, I guess.   I think we should stop it.  But I probably won't.  How's this for an inspirational paragraph?

You know what else happens, apparently?  Apparently if a baby doesn't like formula (I wouldn't know, we don't use the stuff), you can feed it...well, wait until I tell the story.  I have a good friend whose sister is in medical residency.   She is working with OB/Pediatrics....and a lady comes in with a baby who is about Ridge's age (12-ish weeks old).  The resident is watching the lady give the baby a bottle.  The resident is noticing the bottle looks incredibly dirty.  So she asks, "Is that bottle dirty?" The mother says, "No." The resident wants to know what's in the bottle but the mom doesn't tell....Finally, the resident says, "give me that bottle."  She takes it and says "WHAT is in this bottle?" and the mother says "Well, he didn't like that formula the state pays for, and this is the only other thing they pay for. So it's hot cocoa mix." WHAAAAAAAAT?  SAY WHAT?  You're feeding your baby some flipping hot cocoa mix?  He may be fat but he ain't healthy, woman!  Well, that's  not what the resident told the mom...she told her that the baby gets little calcium from that since it's mixed with water and that his bones will not be strong from drinking hot cocoa mix (I wouldn't know, we don't feed THAT to our baby either, most definitely).  

Yeah, so there was a little bit of ridiculous sad funny info for you.

Peace out.

No comments: