My photo
wife. mom. adjunct professor. we homeschool. i'm a little bit OCD. i love math. bright colors and geometric designs make me drool. we live with a medical rarity, and Jesus saved his life. through that, Jesus is changing us. The american dream and status quo is overrated...and sometimes just plain wrong. our lives, our family, our careers, our faith are all now filtered through a new lens-- thank you Jesus. welcome to our crazy. feel free to take some of it with you, we have plenty to go around.
It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it.
-- Lena Horne


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.-- Jesus Christ

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

baby ridge update 2

We don't know much yet. Ridge's counts have dropped again...hemoglobin was 9.9 yesterday and now is at 7.4 or so...platelets were 140K yesterday AM, 50K yesterday afternoon, and 27K this morning. Ridge has not been allowed to eat since yesterday afternoon @ 2:30. They are needing him to drink some water...this venture has been unsuccessful. Probably b/c he doesn't drink water...or at least never has before. This is really all we know. Pathology reports should be in today (uh...that's what we've heard before...but hopefully this time it is true). Everyone here has been really great, at least as far as doctors go, and most of the nurses, as well. Since I don't have a real update...I thought I would share a couple things that have been shared w/ us.

Last night, a tremendous friend came to the hospital and took me downstairs for a coke. We got to visit for a while and it was a great blessing. She shared this scripture with us. I have not had time to check the context...so forgive me here, but I wanted to share it anyway. I know it has to do w/ the sins of Jerusalem and God's restoration...at least that's what I took from the brief glance I had at the preceding and following verses.

Ezekiel 16:6
"When I passed by you and saw you squirming in your blood, I said to you while you were in your blood, 'Live!' Yes, I said to you while you were in your blood, 'Live!'"

My aunt also shared a few verses from Psalm 91 with us via text this morning. I think the entire chapter is noteworthy.
Ps. 91
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, 'My refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust!' For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper and from the deadly pestilence.

He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark. You will not be afraid of the terror by night, or of the arrow that flies by day; of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, or of the destruction that lays waste at noon.

A thousand may fall at your side and ten thousanda t your right hand, but it shall nto approach you. you will only look on with your eyes nd see the recompense of the wicked. for you have made the Lord, my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place. No evil will befall you, nor will any plague come near your tent. For e will give His angels charge concerning you, to guard you in all your ways. THey will bear you up in their hands, that you do not strike your foot against a stone. You will tread upon the lion and cobra, the young lion and the serpent you will trample down.

Because he has loved ME, therefore Iw ill deliver him; I will set hims ecurely on high, because he has known My name. He willc all upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will recue him and honor him. With a long life I will satisfy him and let him see my salvation."

Keep praying; Ridge just spit up blood- not vomit, not spitup, just blood. We dont' know what it means and it is taking forever for people to get the heck down here to help him. The only blood we want to see is the blood of Jesus. So, bring it, Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying like I don't ever recall praying. We are believing that God's hand of protection is on Ridge and believing that the doctors are being guided by our Father. We love you guys so much.

bethkhenderson said...

We are praying for you and the doctors especially for a quick diagnosis. Do they think it could be something autoimmune? I'm not a doctor, but I don't know if you remember but I have an autoimmune disease (wegener's granulomatosis) which can cause bleeding (vasculitis) and I went to the hospital with what they thought was pneumonia and was throwing up blood. My lungs, kidneys, and brain were bleeding, and God delivered me....... We are praying for quick healing for sweet little Ridege. You can call me at any time if you have questions about anything..... Praying for you
Bethany Henderson
570-7784