My photo
wife. mom. adjunct professor. we homeschool. i'm a little bit OCD. i love math. bright colors and geometric designs make me drool. we live with a medical rarity, and Jesus saved his life. through that, Jesus is changing us. The american dream and status quo is overrated...and sometimes just plain wrong. our lives, our family, our careers, our faith are all now filtered through a new lens-- thank you Jesus. welcome to our crazy. feel free to take some of it with you, we have plenty to go around.
It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it.
-- Lena Horne


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.-- Jesus Christ

Thursday, August 13, 2009

i forgot-

Also, we received definite confirmation yesterday that Ridge does for sure, 100%, have MLT. We also did a news interview yesterday, and here is the link:
http://www.ksbitv.com/news/53072457.html

We are so thankful for all of the prayers that everyone is sending our way. We need them- every moment of every day. So keep them coming. We love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alisha,
I just got an email from Jana letting me know about your situation. I will be fervently praying for Ridge and for you and your family. It must be such a confusing and exhausting time also a time of unrest but I pray that your time with Ridge and with the Lord will be fullfilling and sweet.
Prayers and blessing,
Lauren D Greenhaw

Susan said...

Hello Cary family and little Ridge...I was one of the nurses (Susan, the pregnant one) who took care of Ridge while he was on the general medical unit on the 8th floor. I wanted you to know I have been praying for you and thinking about you all since he got transferred back to the PICU. I am glad you finally got a definite diagnosis, so that treatment comes a little easier although I know that since MLT is so rare, it can be frustrating with all the trial and error. I also wanted you to know that my husband is O-neg blood type and has donated blood any time he could over the last few months. He is due to donate again soon, and I am going to have him put it in Ridge's name. I hope that you all are finding strength in the Lord and that he continues to bless your family with a strong faith in Him, because through Him nothing is impossible. Best wishes to you...Susan 8th Floor RN-Children's Hospital