My photo
wife. mom. adjunct professor. we homeschool. i'm a little bit OCD. i love math. bright colors and geometric designs make me drool. we live with a medical rarity, and Jesus saved his life. through that, Jesus is changing us. The american dream and status quo is overrated...and sometimes just plain wrong. our lives, our family, our careers, our faith are all now filtered through a new lens-- thank you Jesus. welcome to our crazy. feel free to take some of it with you, we have plenty to go around.
It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it.
-- Lena Horne


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.-- Jesus Christ

Monday, September 14, 2009

bon voyage!

No, we aren't leaving. But two of our favorite nurses just went on vacation. So here's a shout out to the twins- have a great cruise. We hope to go home, but we won't be too sad if we are still here when you are back!

Today, we have another of our favorite nurses. I was worried b/c this weekend, Tina and Tera (the twins) both worked, as did Laura, another favorite of ours...so I was worried about who the heck would be taking care of Ridge this week during the day! When Tina broke the news of their cruise to us, I was pretty down about it! But she and Tera got to work and figured out a good week for us- so thanks, ladies! So here we are with Micah today and Wednesday. Laura is back Friday. We get to try a new nurse out Tues. and Thursday, but she comes highly recommended by everyone! I am not sure on our night nurses this week- two of our faves are in tonight, so we'll see who we get. Everyone is good- day and night- that we've had anyway...but it's hard when you get a new face! I just try to remember that means we have one more "good" nurse to add to our list of regulars. I really feel like this is becoming a second family to us.

I stayed here alone last night, and I can honestly say it was great. Ridge did well, I slept well, and I felt more like I was "normal"....all the help, again, is wonderful, it just isn't "real life"-- at home it wouldn't be like that. So it was nice to have some "normalcy" in this hospital room. Ridge won't nap today so he's sitting in my lap in the floor as I type this (don't worry- it's clean, we're on a blanket, but I also swept and mopped w/ my swiffer! yes, housekeeping cleans, but if you know me, you know i'm a freak about that stuff).

Ridge gets his bath today and his dressings changed. We are still waiting to see the docs, so....I don' thave a big update.

His counts were stable still, so no blood- today is 3 weeks!

The poop is still yellow to green- both good.

Ridge is very puffy from the steroids. Those were changed to oral, but not less dosage, so we will see how things go there.

The little man is grunting so I better sign off- hope today finds you well. This week could bring some medicine changes for Ridge, it will bring flu shots for sawyer and i most likely, and i think this week looks Cloudy...with a chance of meatballs (I will be taking saw man on a date to see that this friday....i loved the book growing up and i read it to sawyer the other day @ the library and he also liked it...so, it's a date. )

love to ya-

No comments: