My photo
wife. mom. adjunct professor. we homeschool. i'm a little bit OCD. i love math. bright colors and geometric designs make me drool. we live with a medical rarity, and Jesus saved his life. through that, Jesus is changing us. The american dream and status quo is overrated...and sometimes just plain wrong. our lives, our family, our careers, our faith are all now filtered through a new lens-- thank you Jesus. welcome to our crazy. feel free to take some of it with you, we have plenty to go around.
It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it.
-- Lena Horne


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.-- Jesus Christ

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

God Calling

I picked up the devotional book "God Calling" when I was in college.  I don't know a ton about it, so whatever your stance is on it, well...whatever.  I'm going to share with you something I read from it last night, and another something from this morning.   Very interesting history of the book at:  http://www.twolisteners.org/TheStory.htm  You can take it or leave it, I know it isn't the Bible.  I just know a lot of times, what I read in it is paramount to what I am facing that day/that time in my life.

November 3

No Limit
Unlimited supply, that is My Law. Oh! the unlimited Supply, and oh! the poor, blocked channels!  Will you feel this, that there is no limit to My Power?
But man asks, and blasphemes in asking, such poor mean things.  Do you not see how you wrong Me?  I desire to give you a gift, and if you are content with the poor, and the mean, and the sordid, then you are insulting Me, the Giver.
"Ask what ye will and it shall be done unto you."  How I can fulfill the promise is My Work, not yours, to consider ... Have a big Faith, and expect big things, and you will get big things.
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. James 4:3


How powerful is God, how inspiring the thought that my prayers, although I do not see HOW God can answer/do these things....well, they are enough, bc they are all I can offer.  It is God's job to figure out the HOW. He already knows anyway.  So then...I read this today.


November 4

I Am Beside You
In thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.  Psalm 16:11
Do not seek to realize this fullness of Joy as the result of effort.  This cannot be, any more than Joy in a human friend's presence would come as the result of trying to force yourself to like to have that friend with you.
Call often My Name, "Jesus."
The calling of My Name does not really summon Me.  I am beside you.  But it removes, as it were, the scales from your eyes and you see Me.
It is, as it were, the pressure of a loved one's hand, that brings an answering pressure, and a thrill of Joy follows, a real, and a joyful sense of nearness.
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free Spirit.  Psalm 51:12

I asked God this morning, after reading this, to remind me that he is here.  That he is with us and walking beside us and even ahead of us in all of this.  So many people have offered encouraging emails, texts, fb messages, comments here today.  We need it.  One message on my fb today- echoing what I read this morning, and answering the prayer I prayed that God would just remind me that he is right here with us and before us:

Steven Curtis Chapman, who released his new album, "Beauty Will Rise" has a moving song: "Whatever road this life takes you down, He knows the way to wherever you are; He knows the way to the depths of your heart; He knows the way;... He's already been where you are going. Jesus will meet you there."


(thank you, Midge, for that message)

Forgive me for all the font issues tonight, I don't know what is wrong with the computer.  Don't have the energy to fix it.  

Thank you to any of you who have offered a word of encouragement through the blog or email or whatever.  Thank you thank you.

No comments: