My photo
wife. mom. adjunct professor. we homeschool. i'm a little bit OCD. i love math. bright colors and geometric designs make me drool. we live with a medical rarity, and Jesus saved his life. through that, Jesus is changing us. The american dream and status quo is overrated...and sometimes just plain wrong. our lives, our family, our careers, our faith are all now filtered through a new lens-- thank you Jesus. welcome to our crazy. feel free to take some of it with you, we have plenty to go around.
It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it.
-- Lena Horne


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.-- Jesus Christ

Sunday, November 1, 2009

update again!

Ridge got a new central line. It was odd...we were the ONLY ones in the holding room and recovery room bc...well...it's Sunday.  Normally, there are a ton of kids down there recovering.  Today, we were the ONLY ones...special little ridge.  So, we have a new working broviac and an IV in his foot.  He will be getting blood shortly.  I think that's about all of the updates.  Thanks to our wonderful nurse Tera today who has been moving moving ALL day thanks to us and will probably be so super tired tonight she won't get to do anything fun.  Or even WANT to!  Between Tera and some other regulars of ours- Rebecca and Laura-- we had a LOT of good care today.  Not that we don't usually.  In case I haven't said it enough, we have wonderful nurses and while I will be ECSTATIC when we get to leave, they have become friends and practically family and I will miss them.  Really.  We looooove our nurses!  I can be assertive when I need to, but it is also good to know that while I am advocating for Ridge, these nurses are most always advocating for him just as faithfully!  You girls are GREAT!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!! My name is Dayna and I'm a PICU nurse at Children's...I never took care of Ridge, but I breifly remember meeting you guys one night when I was in charge...The girls on the floor told me about your blog!! I just wanted to say I share your beliefs and I am praying for baby Ridge...I have faith that God will come through (He always does :) I am truly amazed and inspired by your Everlasting faith that He will take care of things...and your incredible praises of the nursing staff...As a nurse I know, We LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear positive things about how we do our job!! Just wanted to say thanks for that from all of us nurses!! Praying Praying Praying!!

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on your blog tonight! I think about your family often... Hope you guys have a GOOD night! :)