My photo
wife. mom. adjunct professor. we homeschool. i'm a little bit OCD. i love math. bright colors and geometric designs make me drool. we live with a medical rarity, and Jesus saved his life. through that, Jesus is changing us. The american dream and status quo is overrated...and sometimes just plain wrong. our lives, our family, our careers, our faith are all now filtered through a new lens-- thank you Jesus. welcome to our crazy. feel free to take some of it with you, we have plenty to go around.
It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it.
-- Lena Horne


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.-- Jesus Christ

Thursday, December 17, 2009

birthday birthday



We will dig into this atrocity this afternoon in celebration of my husband turning the page into his fourth decade.  He is turning 30.  Everyone who wants to dispute the math there- to 10 yrs old is one decade, 20 is 2, and now he's ending his third decade at 30...so yes, he is beginning the fourth decade of his life. weird.  i'm still partying along in my 3rd decade.  Thank goodness.  :) jk, honey.  SOOO...
The cake looks crapperific.

I'm not really that bad. and the cool is marked out on purpose.  i thought rad sounded better, and more era-appropriate.

see, i'm actually a decent cake decorator.  don't employ me to make any cakes for you unless they are for children though.  here is sawyer's bday cake pics:




It was a monkey party. And I iced two cakes like monkeys, and every single one of those cupcakes.  So see, I'm not really terrible.

ANYWAY, to my husband, on his 30th birthday....
Love you!  I'm glad to have spent the last six and a half years as your wife, and I am glad that you are such a great dad to our kids.  Thank you for standing by my side and backing me for the most part, no matter what.  Thank you for painting a picture of loyalty.  Thank you for teaching Sawyer and I'm sure Ridge as well one day how to be respectful to their momma.  You are my greatest friend and I wouldn't want to be walking this road without you.  Sorry you are spending another birthday in the hospital, but I hope and pray that this year it is a super fun one, that you enjoy time with me and the boys and that you like your ugly cake and your not so ugly gift, and that for at least a moment today you feel a little "normal."
As normal as an adult can feel.  Since you know, 30 makes you an official adult and all.  Since, you know, we can remember our parents being in their 30s.  yeah, you're a grown up now...officially.  I wish I had a certificate to give you.
Love you! And don't worry-- sawyer said it best.  Last night I told him, "tomorrow, Daddy's gonna be OLD. He'll be 30!"  Sawyer replied, "but even if he's old, will he still be my daddy?"  to which I responded, "sure he will.  he will ALWAYS be your daddy."  and that's how this post ends.

No comments: