My photo
wife. mom. adjunct professor. we homeschool. i'm a little bit OCD. i love math. bright colors and geometric designs make me drool. we live with a medical rarity, and Jesus saved his life. through that, Jesus is changing us. The american dream and status quo is overrated...and sometimes just plain wrong. our lives, our family, our careers, our faith are all now filtered through a new lens-- thank you Jesus. welcome to our crazy. feel free to take some of it with you, we have plenty to go around.
It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it.
-- Lena Horne


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.-- Jesus Christ

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

no posts for today, again, except this one

As I unpack things here and there from our long stay at the hospital, I am reminded of how much we are loved.  Thank you again to all of you who have offered up prayers, sent money, sent cards, visited, etc etc.  I know we will be in the hospital again, but hopefully NEVER for that many days on end.  I know it was 21 weeks, so that's...what, 147 days?  wow.  close to half a year!  sheesh. 

I unpacked a bag full of cards.  Cards from former students who not only sent several cards of encouragement, but also sent notes via email or facebook, and some even sent money to help out, which is extra sacrificial in my eyes because while I know they are now "adults" they are still in college and their generosity is just overwhelming.  Some of my students' parents have given money, given words of encouragement, offered up prayers for my son.  So many co workers have done the same- some coworkers I've never even met.  Churches we aren't familiar with....people we've never met....community members I don't know at all.  I came across a hundred (well, not really, but a lot) cards from my Aunt Denise, who sent one almost every day when Ridge was doing really badly and has faithfully sent them pretty much weekly since he's been out of ICU.  And every single one of them- not just the cards from her, but those are the ones I'm talking about here- were exactly perfect for our situation and whatever we were facing that week, that moment.  Everyone has been so good to us.

When Brandon went into walgreen's last night to pick up our five small bottles of medicine and one weird case of caffeine vials that I could barely even open (okay, i couldn't open it)....he told the girl at the counter he needed to pick up some medicine for Ridge Cary.  The girl got it, or maybe not, I don't know, but she looked at brandon and said, "Baby Ridge?"  He said, yes.  She said, "I was supposed to have Mrs. Cary in class this year.  I am so glad you guys are getting to go home.  I will be praying for your family." I probably quoted that wrong- but... I love that girl. I don't even know who she is or if she will read this.  But I wish I could have her in class- I wish I could be there this year.  I love our community and I love our students, and I love that Yukon knows Ridge as Baby Ridge.  I don't know how long he will be "baby ridge" to this community, but I am glad he is for now.  I am glad everyone is so excited right along with us that we are home. 

My sweet boy is crying now- but he's crying at home.  So I'm gonna go hold him. At home. In our recliner. In our living room. In our house.

How great is our God?!?!?

1 comment:

The McCoys said...

I am so excited for you guys! I cannot begin to imagine how excited you are. We are continuing to pray for Ridge and for all of you guys. Hope you have a very very Merry Christmas!