1. as earlier posted, ridge is bleeding. so far today two very full black tarry diapers. guh-reat.
2. his hemoglobin went from 9.9 two days ago to 9.2 yesterday to 8.5 today. super.
3. his IV was bad last night so he will need a new one for getting blood today.
4. the doc this week- one of our faves!- wanted to up the octreotide before upping the steroids in order to hopefully stop the bleeding. this would mean ridge be NPO (no food by mouth-- but npo is abbr. for the french of this or something...why french? i don't know. i'm just passing this info on). ANYWAY...NPO for like 3 days. no good. but our best option, really, since the steroids could be contributing to the pneumatosis crapola-alis intestinalis. welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll....THAT would mean a big fat trip to...you guessed it...COME ON DOWN TO...the PICU! barforama.
5. so i called b-don (you know, my husband) to come pick up some stuff in case we moved before he got up here after work. you know...bc we live at the hospital so i have like 8,000 pounds of stuff in our room (not really, but does anyone watch that show HOARDERS? bc they literally took that much pounds of junk, trash, and DEAD CATS SHE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WERE THERE out of this lady's house the other day). anyway, he loaded a bunch of stuff up, and right before that, our lovely nurse for the day, breanna, checked ridge's H and H (hemogl. and hematocrit)....on b-dawg's (you know, my husband) last trip to load our many things into the car, the dr. met him in the hall and told him to turn around. he then told us the HandH came back w/ a hemogl. of 8.8. which is...HIGHER than earlier today. which makes sense, since ridge looks like this today:
you can't see it in the pics, but he's pink. he is also trying to stand up.
okay so..i think i'm at
6. they got an IV. praise JESUS! hallelujah and glory be. not kidding at all. and it's a good one. super good. super great.
i think that's all i have to update. i have several pieces of jewelry i made this weekend that i need to post but can't right now. gotta get some things done before the kid awakens.
oh, and i don't know if he's still pink bc he cried his eyes out, SCREAMED his face off, getting the IV. he always does. and the crying seems to make the bleeding worse.
anyway, keep sayin those prayers for this baby boy!