My photo
wife. mom. adjunct professor. we homeschool. i'm a little bit OCD. i love math. bright colors and geometric designs make me drool. we live with a medical rarity, and Jesus saved his life. through that, Jesus is changing us. The american dream and status quo is overrated...and sometimes just plain wrong. our lives, our family, our careers, our faith are all now filtered through a new lens-- thank you Jesus. welcome to our crazy. feel free to take some of it with you, we have plenty to go around.
It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it.
-- Lena Horne


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.-- Jesus Christ

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

whew....breathe.

There's a peace I've come to know though my heart and flesh may fail.  There's an anchor for my soul; I can say, "It is well."  Jesus has overcome, and the grave is overwhelmed.  The victory is won,  He is risen from the dead.  I will rise when he calls my name-- no more sorrow, no more pain.  I will rise on eagles' wings, before my God, fall on my knees and rise.  There's a day that's drawing near, when this darkness breaks to light and the shadows disappear and my faith shall be my eyes.  Jesus has overcome, and the grave is overwhelmed.  The victory is won, He is risen from the dead.  The victory is won,  He is risen from the dead.  I will rise when he calls my name-- no more sorrow, no more pain.  I will rise on eagles' wings, before my God, fall on my knees and rise. And I hear the voice of many angels sing, "Worthy is the Lamb." And I hear the cry of every longing heart, "Worthy is the Lamb." And I hear the voice of many angels sing, "Worthy is the Lamb." And I hear the cry of every longing heart, "Worthy is the Lamb." I will rise when he calls my name-- no more sorrow, no more pain.  I will rise on eagles' wings, before my God, fall on my knees and rise. I will rise....



Obviously, I didn't just pen that myself.  Thanks, Chris Tomlin.  Oh....so this song, while powerful, has never been in my repertoire of favorites.  Until this morning.  When I was enjoying a cup of coffee, reading my Bible, and holding my baby with stable hemoglobin.  In my house.  And I was telling God I just want this to be over.   I want Ridge to be done with the hard part of the disease.  I want to live at home more than at the hospital.  This song comes on, and I just pause and listen.  To the whole thing.  And I know it sunk in with probably a different meaning to me than it was originally intended, but nonetheless. 

There is a day....and every day it's nearer...when this darkness will break to light and the shadows will disappear....AND...my faith will be my eyes.  How glorious to know that my faith, though often so so small, will become sight.  I can believe daily that God is going to walk us through this trial, that Ridge WILL get better, that this WILL end positively one day....but ONE DAY, and every day that day is nearer, that faith will be sight- it will be reality.  It will be over.  God will deliver, he will come through.  And on that day, and I'm sure many days between now and then, I will be on my knees, before my God, and I will rise to praise him.  Because He is worthy.  Because He will give us the victory.  It will be finished.  And my faith shall be my eyes!


you'll need to stop/pause the playlist at this point.....if you want to watch this.

No comments: