My photo
wife. mom. adjunct professor. we homeschool. i'm a little bit OCD. i love math. bright colors and geometric designs make me drool. we live with a medical rarity, and Jesus saved his life. through that, Jesus is changing us. The american dream and status quo is overrated...and sometimes just plain wrong. our lives, our family, our careers, our faith are all now filtered through a new lens-- thank you Jesus. welcome to our crazy. feel free to take some of it with you, we have plenty to go around.
It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it.
-- Lena Horne


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.-- Jesus Christ

Saturday, April 16, 2011

i'm such a joker

Well, it's been alllllmost a month since my last blog post.  Pathetic.  It has been a whirlwind of weeks for some reason-- I'm not really sure why, but it has been so busy around here. Tball started, I'm tutoring, I've got a lot of orders/business stuff, the boys are in a fighting/disobedience phase....it's kind of just exhausting.

So here's the scoop, the news, the 411.

A) Biggest first:  Monday-- as in, less than 48 hours from when I am writing this-- Ridge will get his central line out! This.Is.HUGE.  He will get to take a normal bath, for the first time in almost two years.  He will get to run through the sprinkler and play in a swimming pool this summer.  And when he rolls around in the dirt outside, or eats spaghetti like a dumpster diver, I can just plop him in the bathtub.  When he gets a fever, we won't have to take him to the ER JUST because he has a fever JUST in case it is a result of a central line infection.  He will, essentially, be normal.  He will, also, have to get more IVs, bc when he does need blood, we will have to get an IV.  He will probably have to take oral antibiotics when he gets sick, and those have caused him to bleed in the past.  This is why it will still be important that we are vigilant about keeping him as healthy as possible. But...for the normal days- the days he isn't sick and the days he doesn't need blood...he will be normal. No line, no port, no dressing, no "flushing" the line every day...none of that business. Monday is an exciting day for us- and it starts early. Our appointment is at 630 AM.

B) Ridge turns two ONE WEEK from TODAY!  I can't believe it.  I will post more on him and his birthday closer to the date.

C)I'm staying home again this next year since Ridge is still not vaccinated fully and thus is unable to attend public daycare.  I am not sure yet what we will do with Sawyer as far as school is concerned. We are still thinking on all of that. I have officially resigned from Yukon Public Schools, hoping to apply for a position back in the district as soon as I am able to go back to work full time.  In the meantime, I am considering some other options as far as furthering my education or teaching some night classes or maybe just doing whatever comes our way.  We shall see.

So this was an exciting post, written in the most  boring of ways, because there are two children yelling and hitting in the background, bc again, we are in a fighting phase here, and while I know they are only little once, this phase can walk out the door any time it would like...and I really don't think I'll miss it.    We appreciate your thoughts and prayers for my sanity as surgery is upon us in the next couple of days!

No comments: