My photo
wife. mom. adjunct professor. we homeschool. i'm a little bit OCD. i love math. bright colors and geometric designs make me drool. we live with a medical rarity, and Jesus saved his life. through that, Jesus is changing us. The american dream and status quo is overrated...and sometimes just plain wrong. our lives, our family, our careers, our faith are all now filtered through a new lens-- thank you Jesus. welcome to our crazy. feel free to take some of it with you, we have plenty to go around.
It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it.
-- Lena Horne


The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.-- Jesus Christ

Thursday, February 25, 2010

just blabbing

We're up and ready. It's 10 AM. The bed isn't made. Ridge had lower hbg than he usually does today. What's up with that? He was 10.7 which is still well above transfusion number for him...but it's still frustrating.  It's also frustrating that it's so hard to think: We've been without a transfusion and mostly been home the last six weeks, so this is no big deal.  Instead, it's easy to think: oh PLEASE don't let this mess start up again. Can we just be done with it?  That's a frustrating crossroads, bc while it is probably a human attitude, it is a somewhat ungrateful one.  That is where I am right now- praying to just be grateful for every moment and to continue to be changed in and by the grace of God, who has been more than good, more than merciful, to us.  But as a parent who has raised one, for the lack of a better word, "normal" child for three and a half years, I know what it SHOULD be like with Ridge right now. And it's frustrating. And I don't think anyone can fully understand that until they've walked it.  Because we ARE home, but it's NOT normal. "But it is what it is, and whatever it takes." (thank you, Scott Hamilton, for that quote in your interview in In Touch magazine....I told you, people, one of my vices is those types of magazines. But that was actually a neat interview...).  Little Ridge is so cute and we are so blessed to have him around and when he's not fussing to be held and spoiled even MORE, all he does is make us smile.  So, I'm a work in progress.  Who isn't?

I've been thinking a lot lately about diversity.  Of course when I think about the word itself, I always think of "diversity in the classroom" and other type trainings I've been through that have nothing to do with the reason I'm thinking of diversity right now! A teacher by trade, always.   Professional development that stuck (good job YPS and ERPS! :)). 

but no, I'm not thinking of a classroom.  I'm thinking of the people who surround me.  I have a diverse group of friends.  Young ones, older ones, even older wiser ones, all great ones.  I have friends who share some of my same neuroticisms, if that's even a word.  I have friends who don't share ANY of those neuroticisims.  I have messy friends, and clean friends, and rich friends, and poor friends, and working friends, and stay at home friends, and I have Protestant friends, Catholic friends, Jewish friends, and friends I don't maybe even know exactly what their religion is.  And my faith shapes who I am, as I am sure, their faith shapes who they are.  And I love that we can be different and still be friends.  Or be the same and still be friends- because sometimes that's even more difficult!  I am not wanting to get in a big debate here, so please don't read more into this post than is actually there.  All I'm saying is, regardless of our differences, or similarities, something allows a friendship to bust through.  And I love my friends. And I've made lots of new ones through this journey we're on right now. And I love them too!  We are so blessed.  And today, I just wanted to give a shout out to anyone who calls me "friend."  Some of you have proven more than your weight in salt for us through this trial.  Meals, visits, money, prayers, cards, calls, giving me business, etc. etc. etc.!!!  From all over this nation (and maybe even further!), we have some GREAT friends!  And no matter if you are one of my "same" friends or one of my way "different" friends-- you rock! Love you all.

No comments: